Saturday, May 29, 2010

bOoKwOrM


I am an avid reader. I love love love it. It is probably my favorite pastime. I remember being a teen holed up in my room reading away. I enjoy the story. I enjoy thinking "what if" that were really so? There is nothing that can take me away from my books. Ahhh, pure bliss.

Some of my favorite authors are Pearl S. Buck, Maeve Binchy, Barbara Taylor Bradford, Lisa See and Jennifer Weiner. And while I am not a huge fan of mystery or suspense stories, I do occasionally read Mary Higgins Clark. I think she is a wonderful writer. I have actually read two books by her that were not suspense. Mount Vernon Love Story about George and Martha Washington and Kitchen Privileges. The latter is mostly about her life as she became the "Queen of Suspense". Both very good reads.

In all honesty, it is very hard to give me a book that I wont enjoy. So long as it is in the realm of things that I like. But, who knows, if I branched out and read something that I typically wouldnt read, I might like that as well. Hmmmm, do I sense a goal in the works? Goal: Read a book that you would not normally be interested in.

I recently read a book my dear friend Kathryn loaned me. It is titled Unpredictable by Eileen Cook. I must admit that it was a wonderful read. Funny and romantic and an oh so chic book. Totally worth the couple of dollars she paid for it in the bargain bin.

Confession time. I have to read the ending of the book shortly after beginning the book. I know. I know. Technically that makes me a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. But I cant stand the wait. Must. Know. What. Happens. Never fear, it does not spoil anything. I just continue reading the book but can sigh knowing that I know what is coming for the characters before they know. Hahaha.

Now that I have children I read to them and hope that my love for reading will be passed on to them. I think it is important to read and to read to your kids and encourage them to read. Reading opens many doors. Read! Read! Read! Reading is FUNdamental!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment